Thursday, July 8, 2010

How Many Hours Per Week Do You Work?

People often ask me how many hours a week I work? Then they tut tut and make themselves feel better that they have better work/life balance than I do.

How silly. 

Work is not a bad thing that I avoid. I'm self-employed and I love what I do. I'm extremely lucky and my 'work' time is not something I begrudge.

I am my work and my work is me. I don't differentiate the two.

I don't strive for my four weeks annual leave and have no idea about public holidays and weekends and stuff. 

If you're suffering in your work that's a terrible thing. There's nothing worse than spending 40+ hours per week not being happy. 

Work is a great thing and sometimes it frustrates me and I want to be someone or somewhere else, but for the most part, I'm happy.

Don't subscribe to this 'work/life balance' nonsense. It's a myth. Enjoy what you do and it's a non-issue. 

Posted via email from cjlambert's posterous

No comments: