Sunday, April 8, 2012

Annual Awesome Easter Message With Limited Edition Colouring In Batman Thing

I was going to do my annual Easter message and then I started pondering. 

This time last year I was in Mt Eden prison on Easter Sunday. It was quite a moving experience for me being in a high security jail seeing the Chaplains ministering to those that have to be locked away from everybody else. 

I was there for work reasons on the contract management of prisons project. One day, I would like to write a book about the life changing experience I had there.

(I started writing a short story about the ghost that lives in the old special needs unit offices where I was but I kept freaking myself out writing at night, thinking he was going to be standing there looking at me).

The famous Dostoyevsky quote "The degree of civilisation in a society can be judged by entering its prisons" rings very true for me. 

I was only passing through and my human compass spun out. Things I thought I knew and had believed my whole life were laid out in front of me to make decisions about. Concepts of power, fear, redemption, forgiveness, good and evil come to life.  You realise how lucky you are not to have been raised in violence and brokenness. You realise that we all make mistakes and need someone to advocate for us. 

Today, I can only really restate what I said in an old Easter post and present to you this amazing colouring in activity. It has my Advocate and Batman in it and I love it. 

Happy Easter.

 

Jcbatman

 

http://rocom.tumblr.com/

Posted via email from cjlambert's posterous

No comments: