Monday, April 9, 2012

US Masters Pro Goes Social in China With Tencent Weibo

Rory_shot

There are some pretty nice social activations coming out of the US Masters golf at the moment. 

I was especially pleased to see the Rory McIlroy WhoSay page with a Tencent Weibo link. 

Screen_shot_2012-04-09_at_11

Tencent Weibo is China's number one microblogging site. They have been making a play for English speaking celebrities to extend their reach outside of Asia and make sure they are positioned for Silicon Valley's run for their audience. As a student of Mandarin, I've been watching with interest (and also some fear at how rusty my Chinese has got) and having a play with a t.qq.com account in the hope that one day I can use it without Google translate. 

Sometimes it pays to remind ourselves that English is the third most spoken language in the world behind Mandarin and Spanish.  

Better brush up on my Chinese.

 

 

Posted via email from cjlambert's posterous

No comments: