Thursday, May 27, 2010

I Invented The Post-it Note

Everyone loves a random made up workshop game.
 
So as part of the yMedia Workshop series I hosted "Traditional Tricks For New Media" . Not only did we play "Oprah's Awesomest Fruit" (a game of immense skill and strategy where I get to be Oprah and you pitch me to get on the show..pear eventually won due to its ergonomic design and excellent use of mini-billboards by the pitch team...), we also played "I invented the Post-it note".
 
Punters had to use their communication tools (1 x Post-it, 1 x pen) and prove that they invented the Post-it note.
 
Here's some of the answers:
 

Dear loud obnoxious neighbours keep it down during the night heart ajay

 

I saw an envelope and thought—I can do something like that Adam

 

I invented the Post-it because you have no proof that I didn’t

 

Because they’re colourful just like me Tam

 

I was the one who invented the post it because I trademarked it and therefore I have the legal rights Nikki

 

I invented the Post-it as staples wouldn’t stick to my computer screen Seita

 

French invented everything so my invention was the post it Guillaume

 

I provided the glue for my community! Di

 

I invented the post it because you didn’t Jaymard

 

I know I invented the post it note because I’m an awesome genius (self belief goes a long way!!) Niamh

 

Invented the post it note for this message 

Michael C

 

Graeme post Like to have reminders and named after family

 

Kurt Strong –inventor 3M

 

I invented the Post it because it helps me to think ‘outside the square’ Barbara

 

I invented the Post it notes because they are awesome for making origami with Emily

 

I invented the post it because you all need sticky, visible reminders Sandi

 

Jesus told me to Matt

 

Tired of writing on the bathroom mirror in the STEAM! Daniel N

 

I invented the post it note because my glue formula went wrong –I am always mucking up and have very little stickability Sarah

 

I realised the people are too lazy to put glue on pieces of paper

 

I invented the post it because everyone loves colourful sticky things Devon

 

I hate normal memo pads Jade

 

I invented the post it note out of necessity to remember things Cam

 

I needed to put notes on my work and I got sick of using cellotape to stick them on Eddy

 

I invented the post it note because I already had all other forms of colourful office stationery and needed more (written with my new erasable pen) Loretta

 

I needed to cover a hole in the wall Ajay

 

To make the world a brighter and happier and more colourful place..even if you have a boring office job! Tanya

 

And the winner: My mother was a paper maker and my father was a glue maker - Sarah

 

 

Applications for the yMedia challenge close on Monday 31 May. To find out more go to http://challenge.ymedia.co.nz/

 

 

 

 

 

Posted via email from cjlambert's posterous

No comments: